Thursday, October 7, 2010

The pull of working

My husband and I both quit on the same day
the last day of school 
last school year.

Does anyone else miss work?
The day to day grind is not missed,
but the interaction with my students is.
My father missed "making a deal" when he retired.

Income is not the part that concerns me.
We don't have buckets, but we have plenty.

There is a pull of work for me.
My husband had huge projects lined up.
Most of mine have fizzled.
Not as exciting as I thought.

Going back full time- no way.
I think retirement will take more thought 
than I thought it would.





2 comments:

  1. Hi there, saw you visited my blog. Is it possible for you to do what you did before as a volunteer? or teaching perhaps a single class at a community college or something? How about making a list of all the things you wish you'd learned earlier on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Barb.
    The community college idea is a good one. I'l have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete